Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A walk around the Saguaro Hotel in Palm Springs

When Hannah invited Mabel and I to Palm Springs for a girls getaway, I started a board on Pinterest of things to do and see there.  While pinning I came across this photo and thought wow!  I mean rainbows and palm trees - what more could you want!?
So, when we stumbled upon this sign
while on our walk one evening I knew we had to go in to check it out.

Pronounced suh-warh-oh, and named after the cactus (like this one here), the Saguaro underwent a make-over in 2011.  Architects Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat, known for their bold use of colour drew from 14 vibrant tones found in native desert wildflowers.  You can read all about it here.

But for now, sit back and enjoy the colourful tour from my perspective.  As soon as you step in the door the colours just jump out at you.
 then, walking through the lobby and out into the courtyard the colours just kept coming.
we walked around the perimeter of the courtyard and every angle brought a new colour combination.
































 Hannah was a good sport and indulged me the 3 billion photographs I took :)


 Here's what it looks like inside.   I imagine waking up here would instantly make you happy! {unless of course you are hungover, and then I think it might make you nauseous}



2 comments:

  1. is that lantana everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is lantana everywhere. I guess it's not considered a noxious pest here as it is in Australia... The hummingbirds were loving it :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails