Saturday, September 19, 2009

my version of the story...

I guess by now you've figured out that Melita likes to write stories and I like to take pictures... well here are the photos of our night last night - read her funny version of it here

Thank you Melita for being my tour guide on our 'round the world tour of San Jose'! When she said let's start in Germany, I was game - but had no clue how much fun it would be...
we walked into this darkly decorated restaurant to find this gorgeous guy watching over the crowded room - LOVE! his antlers and he gave me the perfect idea for my halloween costume, but that's a whole other story...
and miraculously were able to score a table outside in the beer garden (or beirgarten) which was hopping with people drinking beer, singing and dancing and having a great time
so we ordered some drinks to kick the night off
and had some Jagertee which apparently you're supposed to sip, but I assumed it would be like Jagermeister and shot it down in one go right after this photo -oops...


the band rocked with their big long horns, their accordion, keyboard, yodeling and of course their
lederhosen and feathered hats (Melita had a crush on the guy on the end - I think it was his hat)


they played a song I actually knew (from Dirty Dancing soundtrack no less...)
I had been promised fish'n'chips for dinner so we just got a little snack of potato cakes, which we slathered in apple sauce and sour cream - YUM grease!

mmm beer
this photo didn't come out as well as I had planned, but you must admit this guy is scary looking - it's such a strange concept to me to kill something, stuff it's head and then hang it on your wall... but I really like looking at them...

here's the food we were missing out on at Germania, so we're definitely going back to try it out

here we are in England now, at Trials Pub where Melita thought whiskey was a good idea... she was wrong, but I tried it anyway

and the fish'n'chips which were ok... but I've had better

time to test how many brain cells we've killed thus far with some trivia

and some culture with the Haka

and Melita
this is how it's done

awww, look how normal we look...

or not...
this is my favourite photo of the night...

the whiskey bomb
(whiskey shot dropped into beer)

loose on the street now, cool shot of curved bricks

after a short stroll through town we took a short cut through Mexico to Vietnam, which as we entered Melita warned me that if I was asked to dance I had to dance - never turn down a dance here... so I must say I was a little curious just what kind of place she was taking me to???
and here it is - lovely fluro lighting...
I was actually a bit relieved to see this classy plastic bottle of wine after the way we were greeted with 'what you doing here' I was sure the waitress would have spat in our drinks. oh and look, some trivial pursuit cards followed us there...
it was kinda dead in this place - everyone was on the dance floor dancing in a large circle

so on to Mexico, and when in Mexico, drink tequila!
this is the only photo I took here unfortunately, because we were too busy dancing (like old fashioned waltzing style dancing) with some very handsome mexican men who made me feel like a giant...

I wished the diner was open at this point...

LOVE these
obviously...
hahaha, you're so funny... of course the wall is not holding me up...
(more halloween costume inspiration here)
no cops here... luckily

and since I promised no photos after 10pm here is the last of the night
no lavender was harmed in the making of this photo... but it just smelled so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails