Sunday, January 24, 2010

christmas memories

I know that it's now a month after Christmas, but here are our Christmas dinner photos I have been meaning to share...
I was very proud of my thrifty decorations that I used to decorate the table...
the table runner was some wrapping paper I bought (and you might remember the table from here)
the place mats were paper pieces from Michael's
the candle holders were made from christmas tree off cuts that I grabbed when we bought our tree (the guy at the place thought I was strange...)
the planter I got at a stall for $15 in the summer, and the little candle stars I bought when we lived in Toronto for $1.50 each in a post christmas sale :)
enough about the table though...
Hannah and Paul brought delicious Korean style ribs which Paul bbq'd on the barbie - I made him wear my pretty apron so he would not ruin his shirt (then proceeded to take photos of him in it :P)
first course (after delicious appies) was Bryce's Beet Risotto (which I forgot to take a photo of before I started eating it...) it's SO good!
then while we waited for the main course it was time for presents
pretty Hannah
McKenzie got these lovely festive antlers which you can tell she loved...
well Paul loved them anyway...
Melita in her cute apron

so cute!
mmm cashmere
this was all we got to see of Charlotte (her cute bottom)
and then the dinner was ready - we finally made these hasselback potatoes which were yum!
baked vegies, brocoli with cheese sauce and roast beef in a mushroom soup, red wine, garlic, rosemary gravy
we were all stuffed by the end
we had pie and icecream for desert and then played some games
while these two chilled by the fireand eventually
passed out...

1 comment:

  1. Oh such a gorgeous table! I love your fireplace and the pics of the pups enjoying the fire are too cute. Looks like you had a special holiday :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails