Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'd rather be red, than dead in the head

So...I decided I needed a big change to start the new year and to kick the winter blahs in the groin. It seemed like a good idea to start with the hair. My hair has been growing slowly for years into a long shapeless and dry mess with jet black roots and frizzy blonds ends. I've been thinking about chopping it all off for a long time now, but since all my hair decisions are based on wine and are typically unplanned, I never made an appointment with an actual stylist. Instead, I threw a couple of boxes of Feria into the cart at Safeway and went home to dye my own hair a bright copper color. It came out evenly and I even gave myself a little haircut aka crouching in the bathroom sink hacking away at my bangs.
The inspiration for the color came from the many, many episodes of Mad Men that Cody and I have been watching. My favorite female character is Joan Harris, the office sexpot who is also talented and smart. I love her curves too - I never feel like I'm too fat when I see how she sashays across the office.
Happily, my hair turned out great! It was a beautiful bright red until 11:30PM the night before I had to go back to work after our break when I had a panic attack that it was TOO red and went back to Safeway to get a brown to tone the red down. So I'm only 1/2 a Joan now, but I still like the red.

2 comments:

  1. Is this you in the picture with the very final hair color result? Looks even and nice to me! But I'd love to see the very red version too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! i want to see the very red version. bring it back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails