Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thank you, mom


I haven't been posting very much over the last few weeks mainly due to the fact that I've been feeling so completely overwhelmed by the efforts to purchase my first home and have had no energy to post more than a couple of quick entries. Now, it's 24 hours before I'm officially a home owner and it's still so unbelievable. My mom is the whole reason this has been possible for me to do and I wanted to let her know how much I appreciate her amazing heart and generosity. I am filled with gratitude and awe that I am lucky enough to have a mother who loves me as much as she does. Ever since I was little I wanted to be close to my mom. I would have done anything to be able to spend time with her, go places with her, and to please her. Since my mom was a very young, single mom it wasn't always easy to get to spend time with her since she worked and went to school. Also, according to several family members, I was quite a handful as a child and it wasn't always fun for a young mom to be stuck watching her kid when there were more fun things to do and I consequently spent a lot of time with various babysitters. Over the years, I went through rebellious stages, wild partier stages, and growing up stages. During the last few years, and especially in dealing with my aunt's illness, I have wanted to be closer to my mom. It's been a long road trying to let go of the child inside who still demands, "Love ME!" and move on to become an adult who is able to love back unconditionally. A warm, sensitive, sunny person - my mom is downright lovable and I hope she knows how much she is loved by me. My mom has given me a gift by allowing me to buy this house and she has also given me a gift by being my mom. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails