Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Garden Right

I will never give up on my dreams of having a luscious, overflowing vegetable garden. Even though I rarely step foot into my backyard and haven't successfully gardened ever (remind me to tell you about flunking out of Bilogy in high school and having to take Agriculture for my Science credits where out of the 10 vegetables I had to grow only 2 lived and then the stoners in the class before mine stole my lettuce) I am determined that this year is the year that I take control of my yard and turn it into Eden. I found this link after reading an article about Love Apple Farm in the San Jose Mercury News today. They supply many of the incredible local restaurants with their produce, sell seeds, and even have classes on gardening and raising chickens. I'm hoping to have tons of wonderful garden parties and cookouts this coming year and even making homemade preserves and jams.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden. I don't have the greenest of thumbs, but my mom has the most amazing garden ever. So I just visit her when I get the urge to have one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find information on The Neglected Garden: how to raise wonderful plants without any work. :) Please post pictures from your mom's garden next time you visit her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails