Thursday, July 15, 2010

strawberries

over the weekend we finally got to the nursery to buy some vegies as we'd been planning for a while, and we also got these deliciously sweet strawberries. my nanna would grow strawberries in her garden when I was a kid and it was always fun to find the red ones and eat them straight off the plant, just like hunting for treasure!for my birthday Cathy and Gene gave me this great hanging basket that is perfect for my strawberries so the snails can't get them
and after seeing planters that had strawberries growing from the top and the sides I decided to try it out myself
and it was pretty easy to do. I bought this moss liner and cut holes where I wanted the strawberries to grow from
and after putting a small amount of potting mix in the bottom to support them I carefully fed the plant through the holesthen covered that over with more potting mix
and planted the last 2 plants in the top
and ta-da!
we've already eaten some of the strawberries and they are so sweet and juicy! yum
thanks Cathy and Gene for the great planter, once we have the garage finished we're going to hang it on that with the great hanging piece it came with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails