Friday, July 23, 2010

virtual vacation - New York

following on from my yesterday's post about helping me come up with travel suggestions for my cousin Deb who is coming all the way from Perth, Australia in a few days for a month long round the US trip - let's start with New York!

I have been to New York 3 times and still haven't seen half of it, as I guess is true of all places we visit - which I guess is why I am a fan of living in different places, it's the only way to truly see a place... but, I digress.

I've done the carriage ride in Central park, been to the top of the Empire State building, visited Times Square, Chinatown, dined at chic cafes in SoHo, and seen shows on Broadway, but I know there are so many more things to see...

So I think the best way to do this is split this up into places to see, things to eat, and stuff to do.

let's start with tourists attractions in New York - which ones do you think are must sees versus hours of waiting around for an anti-climax?

Olivia gave me some great tips on:

Rooftop bars (sounds so cool and hip)
Secret/Prohibition Bars
Good Eats

Where else should we send her?

photo from Natasha here

1 comment:

  1. if she's a Seinfeld fan, the Soup Nazi is open for business.. I met the Soup Man himself today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails