Friday, July 17, 2009

List of things my house needs

So I just signed paperwork yesterday for my home purchase and if all goes well (fingers crossed) I'll be all set in a few weeks to start some of the major and not so major projects I have wanted to do for the last 7 years. I thought I should get organized so I can tackle budgeting and planning and am shocked at how much stuff there is to do. This is not including any repairs that could spring up along the way either. I made some notes about things I need to look into further. For instance, I wanted to go w/pergo floors, but everyone I have talked to tells me hardwood is the way to go. I'll definitely need to shop around. Looking at this beast of a list is overwhelming - I don't even know where to begin!
Before picture from Sunset Magazine

Home Renovations
New floors
· Hard wood vs. Pergo for living room, kitchen and hallway
· Everyone says to go lighter
· New baseboards – 4” white
New windows
· Get quotes – should be around $10k
· New sliding glass door w/built-in dog door
· New blinds for kitchen x2, backdoor, and living room
· New curtains
Paint interior
· Dove grey or Brittney Beige for living room and kitchen
· Possibly do accent wall w/wallpaper in kitchen
Paint exterior
· Charcoal grey/white trim
· Need to re-stucco
New front door
· Red door – order pre-painted and order hardware
New interior doors
· Master bedroom doors
· Closet doors
· Bathroom doors x2
· Bedroom doors x3
Upgrade master bath
· Remodel hall closet to use extra space
· Put in tub
· New Sink
· New toilet
· Paint
· Floor
· Lights
Hall bathroom
· Need new floor
· New sink
· New tub w/built in shower curtain
New couch
· Dark leather sectional w/loveseat
· Need new throw pillows
Living room furniture
· Lamps
· Plants
Office furniture
· Order craft table w/stool
· Book shelves
· Desk
· Lamps
Bedroom furniture
· New bedroom set
· Refinish dining set / new chairs
· Lamps
· New linens, pillows, and comforter
New stove
New fridge
New cabinets/kitchen counter
· Black granite counters
· White cabinets
New sink
· Faucet
· Disposal
Area rugs
Fireplace
· Do custom glass mosaic on the tile
· New mantle
Outside
· New driveway – pavers
· Hot tub :)
· All new landscaping
. Built in grill island

There's lots more I need to do, but these are the things that are top of mind for now. My boss is referring me to her contractor and hopefully he'll be able to help me figure this stuff out. I wonder if it can all get done for under $50k? sigh


After picture from Sunset Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails