Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scalloped Potatoes

....still trying to use up all the vegetables we bought at Costco last week. We bought a huge bag of red potatoes and I've been making potato themed dishes non-stop. Here's a picture of the scalloped potatoes from last night's dinner. I took about 8-9 red potatoes and thinly sliced them and then arranged them artfully in a greased pie dish. I added salt, pepper, and shredded Parmesan cheese (also from the Costco run) in between the layers, poured in about a cup of milk and baked in a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Once the potatoes were cooked I sprinkled with more cheese and broiled uncovered for about 4 minutes so it was all brown and crunchy on top. I ate mine with a drizzle of truffle oil on and Cody had his plain. Next time I'm adding cooked onions and garlic for more flavor, but overall it was very good and hearty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails