Tuesday, June 15, 2010

everything's going my way...

do you ever have one of those perfect days? when everything is going your way?

so far this morning, today has been one of those days for me and I'm hoping it continues right on that way!
I woke up early, without hating the morning (which is my usual anti-morning way of seeing the morning), jumped out of bed and Bryce made me the most delicious coffee, while I checked in online (is that one of the first things you do in the morning too? should there be a support group for that?)

we were out the house by 6:45 and off to the park with Coop & Kenz to watch the sun make it's way across the dewy lawn. after playing ball for about 30mins, back home we trotted where we hung out a load of laundry, and got ready for work at a nicely un-rushed pace (I'm usually the applying mascara while brushing my teeth kinda gal)... something about being productive in the morning, that makes you feel good!

I drove to work with the top down on my car and the cool morning wind in my hair, getting every green light and then one of my 'anthem songs' came on the radio - you know one of those songs that you have to turn up to radio as loud as you can and sing at the top of your voice? and here it is - with the lyrics so you too can sing it at the top of your voice!
this song takes me back to riding my bike around Chicago on beautiful warm sunny days, when I lived there, and life with so much uncertainty for me then it gave me the sense that great things were waiting for me - and how true this turned out to be...

what's your anthem song that moves you to feel like everything's going your way?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love those days that start out just right, and then keep on giving. Hope the rest of your day is just as wonderful!

    (And I will have a think about the anthem...there are a lot of songs that make me smile, or turn up the volume, but I don't think they would be classed as anthems. I will get back to you on that one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kind of days are the best. :) Hopefully the rest of your week will be just as great!

    xox,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  3. my theme song changes... right now the repeat play is on

    The XX- Intro
    Empire of The Sun- Walking on a Dream

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails