Friday, June 11, 2010

new garage door

on Wednesday we got a new garage door, which excites me to no end. the old one was original (about 50 years old) and was one piece of solid wood you had to tilt, but the springs had come loose on one side so it was a bit of a death trap each time you tried to open it. and that gigantic crack in the concrete extends all the way through the slab of the garage (we live in earthquake country here), so the door had been shaved off on each side so it could close, and they had not done a very nice job of it either...
here's our new bright shiny white clean lined door, with automatic opener, and a rubber edge that seals the uneven opening - amazing the things that make me happy these days :)I know the white clashes with the cream colour that the garage currently is, but here's the colour scheme we are thinking:

the front door to the garage will be red, with bright white trim, and the main colour will be brown
we really like the dark dark brown, but wonder if it will be too much since it is the main colour
and we intend to paint the house the same colour (it currently looks like this)
we're hoping it will look like this eichler we got the idea from


so we're starting with the garage to see how we like it. :)

what do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I vote brown house, blue door - the eichler is nice, but i have a feeling it will get boring after a little while... I love front doors and garage doors that have a surprise element to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! In England there aren't many painted houses. Everything looks the same - boring brick! (or at least in the south east where I live). It will totally change the look of your house - how fantastic! I love the red paint. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I like the dark brown! There's nothing better than a good brown.

    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this colour combo! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that bright pop of red on the front door mixed with all that brown. Have fun with the painting, quite a big project! :)

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,

    The new door looks great! I also very much like your color scheme. I think the brown with the red door will look awesome. I like both browns and am eager to see which one your choose.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails