Wednesday, May 26, 2010

am loving rhino heads right now!

are rhino heads the new deer head? ever since I saw Antonio's pink rhino head on Antonio Treatment the other night, I have had a slight obsession with rhino heads, and trying to figure how to work one into my home design (which might come as a slight surprise to Bryce...)
but look at this guy, isn't he awesome!? and I think his horn could come in handy for hanging hats or coats on :)I have been looking around online to see what's out there and surprisingly picking up a rhino head is not as easy as it sounds... well there is this guy from anthropologie but he's not quite fierce enough for me, but the paper mache idea is a good one... do you see where I'm heading with this??? :)

this guy is cool

but this guy is my absolute favourite!

next rainy day weekend project to make a fierce life like rhino head out of paper mache - what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Paper mache is the right medium, no doubt about it. May I suggest a final "skin" of cloth (torn up bedsheets) dipped into white glue (Elmer's). It will give you the detail you want and also make the project supremely strong. I make dragon trophies this way (and have a video of me making it on my site). But the method would work great for Rhinos.
    Best of luck on the project. You should definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dan - I checked out your website and wow! thanks for the tips, I'll definitely be checking your site for tips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails