Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Dinner Party

Kate, Bryce, Cooper and McKenzie came over last night for our first impromptu dinner party and to admire the new TV in it's place of honor - towering above the fireplace. Since it was Veggie Tuesday I made eggs Benedict with an assortment of toppings - tomato, spinach, avocado, asparagus, and a very lemony Hollandaise to drench the whole thing. I also make some bruschetta that had small sourdough toasts w/asparagus and melted fontina with a drizzle of truffle oil, sauteed sweet potatoes (I smothered mine in ketchup), and a French blueberry tart for dessert - proving that Veggie Tuesday is delicious, especially when butter is in every nook and cranny of the meal. We ate dinner, watched all four dogs scamper around until finally I snapped, and watched part of Avatar (until realizing that 9:30 on a work night is too late to try and watch a 4 hour movie).

2 comments:

  1. this makes me want to go to a dinner party. looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Droooling here!~Yum*

    ps: I adore your floral wallpaper in previous posts as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails