Thursday, May 27, 2010

pin it forward: what home means to me

when I signed up for this pin it forward fun I had no idea the emotions it would stir up, but when I started thinking about my post and what home means to me there were so many things. I was inspired by christine's pin it forward from lama blog and the way in which she told the story of her 'home'.

so here is my pin it forward story - it's kinda long so grab a cup of coffee (or vino - depending on your time zone) and enjoy!

home for me is many places all over the world
and started in sydney, australia. home to me is jacaranda trees, and learning to ride my scooter, of walks around the block in our pyjamas on a summer eveningof summers spent at the beach collecting shells and flying kites in the park that my dad handmade for us
it's bright white rolls of paper and coloured pencils at my nanna and poppa's house and picking passionfruit off the vine that grew on the wall of our garage
it's playing hide and seek amounst the agapanthus with about 20 other cousins. it's jumping on the trampoline and swinging on the clothesline (and hoping you wouldn't get caught)

it's being part of a big family
and watching as that family grows
it's rollercoasters and forgotten memories
it's summer in chicago
and winter in toronto
it's where I fell in love
and it's where the sun shines

it's the spaces we make

and the fun we have
it's the ability to create the space that you dream ofand be with the ones you love
it's the little things that become dear
and the time you spend thereit's a place I must have a garden
now it's time for me to pin it forward to the glamourous ladies over at b.luxe blog who will share their inspiration tomorrow. and don't forget to check out the other 299 bloggers who signed up here

thank you Victoria for hosting such a great mashup!

kate


all photo credits can be found here at my pinterest - that's the beauty of it!

10 comments:

  1. such gorgeous images, and you worked so hard! so amazing! thank you so much for contributing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Kate! Pretty pretty. I especially liked the photos of your family.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really lovely. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous, touching, inspiring, true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching! I feel it, Kate.. I feel it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this was an absolutely beautiful post! I can't believe all the places you listed (I'm a bit envious :)!! And I agree...home is where my hubby is :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for your comments - I really enjoyed doing this post :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails