Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I didn't do very much..

..but I did manage to eat. A lot. I'm back online and feeling peppy after my touch of appendicitis last week and am ready to take up some of the blogging duties from Kate. Unfortunately, nothing much happened last week since I basically laid in bed for six days doing nothing but popping pills and getting up to eat. I did remember to take some pictures though and am sharing them now. I was a little disappointed that my liquid diet only lasted six hours and my appetite returned with a vengeance. Why is it I never get the illness that makes you skinny Here are egg whites scrambled with mushrooms and vegetables
with a side of ketchup smothered potatoes
Egg and zucchini fritata with tomatoes and feta
Blueberry trifle = creamy and delicious.
I need to make a note to eat more trifle this summer.
It started out healthy. I was cooking plain cabbage and thought,
"Bacon and sausage would make this even better."
Taco salad is one of my favorite things to eat. This one had lettuce and cabbage, avocado, salsa, beans, turkey, taco seasoning from the little envelope thing and light sour cream.
Even adding pumpkin puree, cinnamon and brown sugar could not make me like oatmeal.
This is Cody's plate from last night's dinner (I had mine w/out bread).
I made Italian chicken sausage with Gashouse eggs. I think this style of
eggs has lots of different names, but no matter what you call them they are delicious. I made mine on the new griddle from Cost Plus and they turned out great.

2 comments:

  1. That egg heart toast thing makes me hungry and happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a Gashouse egg in years and when I saw them in a movie last week and thought I would make it for Cody. The hearts happened since I couldn't find my ring mold, but it made him super happy :)p.s. I had a bite of the bread and it was GOOD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails