Friday, April 23, 2010

concrete block centrepiece

this just has to be one of the most simple, inexpensive yet gorgeous ideas for a centrepiece I have ever seen.
Kelly from yes, please is such a creatively talented gal and has a guest post on 100 layer cake on how to make your own table centrepieces out of railroad planks, pegboard, and vintage books. but I really love the industrial feel of this concrete block paired with the pretty flowers. I think I'm going to have to have a party now, just to try this one out!

find out how to make your own and check out kelly's other great ideas here

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that. I'm a big fan of grey and the play of feminine flowers with this manly block is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm drawn to same thing--the hard concrete with the flowing of the flowers. Simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love it ... and the real upside no one can steal the table number in their purse :) and after you can make a retaining wall .... I once used centrepieces with barb wire thru them with scottish thistle ... it was a prickly sensation :) best le

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! agreed! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea, and I just rescued a cinder block for the neighbors trash. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I am going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails