Thursday, April 22, 2010

something old made new

I found this little rusted old shelving unit behind our garage when we were tearing down the potting shed the other week, and onto the trash pile it went. but as I was about to dump a big pile of old rotten wood on top of it, I took another look at it and thought, it does still function, and it would be handy for storing pots and gardening stuff... so, armed with a can of red rustoleum, this weekend I gave it a quick scrape to get the chunky bits of rust off and transformed it, into a statement piece for my potting area.it took a whole can of spray paint and it needs another coat, but overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out!

4 comments:

  1. Really great fixer-upper! That splash of red will look amazing wherever you put it. :)

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely job, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails