Friday, April 23, 2010

happy friday!

can you believe it is friday already? this week went by so fast for me, that I actually woke up this morning thinking it was thursday... what a pleasant surprise to discover in my grogginess that it's my favourite day of the week! yay
I am in totally in love with these flowers of late, they are so delicate yet architectural, they remind me of fireworks exploding - I just might have to find a spot for some for my garden.

it rained and poured here most of the week and today is the most beautiful sun shiny day here in california, 24 degrees (76F) today and tomorrow and 27 (80F) on sunday! I can't wait!

what do you have planned for this fabulous weekend?

4 comments:

  1. i hope to pick up some of these flower over the weekend, oh and clean my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    Beautiful here today as well. I am heading out to pick up Gene (he shortened his Chilean trip). I am then off to the flower market (really a candy store for me!!) to get some flowers for my pots and to put some more in the back where we took out some ivy and I am now putting in beautiful perennials. Love the flower in your picture. Is it a dahlia? Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! and such a cute blog you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I thought these were spider chrysanthemums, but they might be dahlias, I couldn't find one that looked just like this one - any clues anyone?

    thanks Cole! I was over at your blog listening to your great music yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails